What issues does the District Plan deal with ?
A: The District Plan says how Council will manage significant resource management issues. This might include:
- Building development and earthworks
- Land use activities such as residential, retail and industrial activities
- Subdivision of land and associated earthworks
- Protecting historic heritage and natural areas
- Managing natural hazards
- Hazardous substances
- Contaminated land
- Noise control
- Activities on the surface of water in rivers and lakes
It also manages more minor matters such as the minimum distance a garage should be located from a property boundary.