What issues doesn't the District Plan deal with?
A: Under the Resourse Management Act, the District Plan does not address the following matters:
- Soil conservation
- The maintenance and enhancement of the quality of water
- The maintenance of the quantity of water
- The maintenance and enhancement of ecosystems in water
- The taking, using, damming and diversion of water
- Discharges of contaminants into or onto land, air, or water and discharges of water into water
- Activities in the coastal marine area (below the high tide mark)
Horizons Regional Council considers these matters in its proposed 'One Plan'. This document is a combined Regional Policy Statement, Regional Coastal Policy Statement and Regional Plan for the Manawatu-Wanganui Region.