Public Notice: Proposed Plan Change 64 - Boarding, Breeding and Training Kennels
(Posted on: May 1)
PUBLIC NOTICE UNDER CLAUSE 5 OF THE FIRST SCHEDULE OF THE
RESOURCE MANAGEMENT ACT (1991)
PROPOSED PLAN CHANGE 64 – BOARDING, BREEDING AND TRAINING KENNELS
Pursuant to Clause 5 of the First Schedule of the Resource Management Act (1991), notice is hereby given of Proposed Plan Change 64 to the Operative Manawatū District Plan.
Intent of the Plan Change:
The purpose of Proposed Plan Change 64 is introduce a new Chapter 3H for boarding, breeding and training kennels within the District. Specific changes include:
- Introduction of a new chapter 3H: Boarding, Breeding and Training Kennels which includes a new issue, objective, policies and rules for the management of boarding, breeding and training kennels.
- Remove the existing definition of ‘kennels’ in the District Plan.
- Inserting a new definition for ‘boarding, breeding and training kennels’.
- Consequential amendments to definitions which already contain reference to kennels (inserting the words ‘boarding, breeding and training’ before the word ‘kennels’) for:
- Farm Buildings
- Home Occupation
- Intensive Farming
- Consequential amendment to Rule 3.5.1 vii) to remove kennels from the list of discretionary activities in the Rural Zone.
- Consequential amendment to the Explanation for the Rural Zone and Nodal Areas in Section 4 of the District Plan to remove reference to kennels as a non-complying activity in the Nodal Areas.
- Consequential amendment to Section 3B Car Parking standards to refer to boarding, breeding and training kennels, and to state the number of car parks required.
Enquiries about Plan Change 64
Enquiries about Proposed Plan Change 64 can be made to Rochelle Waugh, phone (06) 323 0000 or e-mail email@example.com.
Viewing of Plan Change 64
Proposed Plan Change 64 is available for viewing at the following offices when these offices are open to the public:
- Manawatū District Council, 135 Manchester Street, Feilding
- Feilding Public Library, 60 Stafford Street, Feilding
Information on Plan Change 64 and submission forms are also available on the Council’s ‘Have Your Say’ website: http://haveyoursay.kiwi.nz/Home/.
Making a submission to Plan Change 64
Any person may make a submission on Plan Change 64 to the Operative Manawatū District Plan. Submissions must be in writing in the form prescribed (Form 5) in the Resource Management Act (Forms) Regulations (2003), including submissions via e-mail. Submissions lodged by way of email do not require a signature. The closing date for submissions to Plan Change 64 is 31 May 2019.
Submission forms are available at the above offices or can be downloaded from the Council website and must be lodged with the Council by one of the following options:
Posted/Faxed/Emailed to: or Delivered to:
District Plan Review Manawatū District Council
Manawatū District Council 135 Manchester Street
Private Bag 10-001 Feilding 4702
Fax No: (06)323 0822
Once the closing date for submissions has passed, all submissions received will be summarised and made available for public inspection. Certain persons wishing to support or oppose any of these submissions will be entitled to do so. Council will hold a hearing for the Plan Change to consider submissions that have been lodged and issue decisions on the matters raised. Anyone who has made a submission and indicated that they wish to be heard will have the right to attend the hearing and present their submission. On receiving notice of a decision on their submission, any person who disagrees with or is dissatisfied with the decision made may refer the decision to the Environment Court for further consideration.
Signed for and on behalf of the
MANAWATŪ DISTRICT COUNCIL
Dated: 1 May 2019