Halls and Recreation Complexes


Manawatu District has halls and recreation complexes that provide for a range of social, cultural, recreational and educational uses.

 

Apiti Hall

The hall was built in 1923 and has a floor area of 324 square metres. Capacity: 200 people.

Awahuri Hall

The hall was built in 1963 by contractors and voluntary labour. It has a floor area of 360 square metres. Capacity: approximately 180 people.

Beaconsfield Hall

The hall was opened on May 31,1957 by the Rangitikei Member of Parliament, Mr Norman Shelton. It has a floor area of 209 square metres. Capacity: 100 people.

Cheltenham Hall

The hall was built in 1895 and has a floor area of 357 square metres. Capacity: 150 people.

Colyton Hall

The hall was built in 1890 and has a floor area of 384 square metres. Capacity: 200 people.

Feilding Civic Centre

Feilding Civic Centre is a multi-purpose community venue that houses three venues. The capacity varies, depending on which venue you are using.

Glen Oroua Hall

The hall was built in 1905 by local residents and has a floor area of 363 square metres. Capacity: 150 people.

Halcombe Memorial Hall

The hall was built in 1938 and has a floor area of 351 square metres. Capacity: 180 people

Himatangi Beach Hall

The hall was opened on December 3,1960 and has a floor area of 282 square metres. Capacity: 200 people.

Kimbolton Hall

The hall was built in 1917 and has a floor area of 389 square metres. Capacity: approximately 190 people

Kiwitea Hall

The hall was built in 1922 and has a floor area of 329 square metres. Capacity: 200 people.

Longburn Community Centre

The Comunity Centre was built in 1970 and has a property area of 7.6ha. The centre has a floor area of 550 square metres. Capacity: 400 people.

Mt Biggs Community Centre

Mt Biggs Community Centre was built in 1994 and has a floor area of 250 square metres. Capacity: 200 people.

Newbury Hall

The hall was built in 1930 and has a floor area of 360 square metres plus a partly covered deck. Capacity: 200 people.

Ohakea War Memorial Hall

The hall was built in 1955 and has a floor area of 256 square metres. Capacity: 60-100 people.

Oroua Downs Memorial Hall

The hall was built in 1922 and has a floor area of 306 square metres. Capacity: 200 people.

Pohangina Hall

The hall was built in 1933 and has a floor area of 490 square metres. Capacity: 150 people.

Rangiotu Memorial Hall

The hall was built between 1899 and 1900 and has a floor area of 284 square metres. Capacity: 110 people.

Rangiwahia Hall

The hall was built around 1907 and has a floor area of 388 square metres. Capacity: 200 people.

Sanson Hall

The hall was built in 1982 and has a floor area of 692 square metres. Capacity: 500 people.

Stanway Hall

The hall was built in 1914 and has a floor area of 273 square metres. Capacity: 150 people.

Tangimoana Hall

The hall was built on 1927 and has a floor area of 291 square metres. Capacity: 200 people.

Te Arakura/Taonui Hall

The hall was built iin 1933 and has a floor area of 247 square metres. Capacity: 169 people.

Te Kawau Memorial Recreation Centre

There are flexible facilties for all sports, The local school and community clubs and events are all included in the 1300 square metre complex.

Waituna West Hall

The hall was built in 1909 and has a floor area of 318 square metres. Capacity: 180 people.