Halcombe Memorial Hall
The Halcombe Memorial Hall was built in 1938 and has a floor area of 351 square metres. Capacity: 180 people
The hall was built for Mrs Amelia Managh to celebrate the silver jubilee of King George V. It was originally intended to be used as a picture theatre. Kerosene lamps were used for lighting until carbide gas lighting was installed.
In 1950, the hall was acknowledged as a memorial to local men killed in the two World Wars. It was renamed the Halcombe Memorial Hall by the residents of Halcombe and District.
The hall consists of the main hall with stage, supper room, kitchen, bar, storage room, women's and men's toilets and an upstairs balcony.
Disabled access is available.
Mel Henderson (key holder) - Phone: (06) 328 8131
Sarah Rolston - Phone: (06) 328 8877
The hall is located on the roadside at 75 Willoughby Street, close to the centre of Halcombe.
Parking is available along the roadside and a gravel carpark next to the hall.