Te Arakura Taonui Hall
The hall was built in 1933 and has a floor area of 247 square metres. Capacity: 169 people.
It was originally built on the corner of Camerons Line and Milson Line, and was called the Te Arakura Hall. The reconstruction of the Camerons Line corner in 1992 meant the hall needed to be relocated. It was re-sited to Taonui School in October 1992 and renamed the Te Arakura Taonui Hall.
The hall consists of the main hall and stage (auditorium 13 x 10m and stage 3 x 10m), electric heaters, large supper room and men's and women's toilets. The modern kitchen has a dishwasher, stove, fridge/freezer, pie warmer, microwave, large zip heater, assorted cutlery and crockery.
There are individual seats for 120 people with 10 Folding Trestle Tables.
Disabled access is available.
Bookings during school hours
Taonui School (key holder) - Phone: (06) 323 4604, Email: email@example.com
After hours contact
Bruce Bailey - Phone: (06) 323 8952 or 027 442 3922, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The hall is located at 170 Waughs Road, beside the Taonui School.
There is a large sealed carpark at the front of the hall.