Waituna West Hall
The hall was built in 1909 and has a floor area of 318 square metres. Capacity: 180 people.
The Waituna West Relocation Committee was established in 1996 to raise funds to enable the hall to be moved from its original site to one beside the school. Relocation was due to its previous low usage and to address pedestrian and traffic safety issues. Since its relocation in 1998 the hall "has been in almost constant use by the community and the school".
The hall consists of the main hall (with portable stage), bar area, supper room, foyer, kitchen, women's, men's and paraplegic toilets.
There are landscaped grounds and decking has been added to the hall.
Disabled access is available.
Mary Anne Shannon (key holder) - Phone: (06) 328 6820
Scott Clare (key holder) - Phone: (06) 328 6723
The hall is located on 58 Waituna Tapuae Road, beside the Waituna West School. The hall is set back from the roadside.
An unsealed, gravel carpark is available on the hall site.