Applying for an Alcohol Licence

  Host Responsibility

  Application Forms and Fees



Alcohol Licensing Brochure

On Licence

An on licence enables you to sell or supply alcohol for consumption on a premises or conveyance:

  • Premises - bar, pub, tavern, hotel, restaurant or cafe, caterer.
  • Conveyances - bus, boat, plane, train or car.
  • Endorsed - BYO restaurant

Off Licence


An off licence enables you to sell, supply or deliver alcohol for consumption off the premises, as well as tastings:

Club Licence

A club licence enables you to sell, supply or serve alcohol for consumption on the premises to club membes, their guests and members of other clubs with reciprocal visiting rights:

Special Licence

Alcohol Licencing Special License Brochure

You will need to apply for a special licence if you want to sell or supply alcohol during a specific occasion or event.

Apply for a special licence for any of the following situations:

  • specific event, wine tasting, a party or function on hired premises where alcohol is being sold and supplied
  • event which includes alcohol being supplied as part of the ticket price
  • premises - eg hall, licensed premises, party on hired premises, sports events, fundraisers
  • conveyance - eg bus, train, limo, or train trip.

If the alcohol is to be consumed at the place it is sold (for example, at a social event) then you should apply for an on-site special licence. If the alcohol is to be sold and taken away for consumption (for example at a food show) then you should apply for an off-site special licence.


Get Adobe Reader To view these files,Adobe.jpg you will need Adobe Reader. Download it for free if required.