Objecting to an alcohol licence application

A person can only  object to the grant of a licence if that person has a greater interest in the application for the licence than the public generally.  You will need to be able to show that you have a greater interest when your lodge your objection.

You would be considered to have a greater interest if you live near the proposed or existing premises, operated a business or organisation close to the premises, or had some other close connection with the proposed premises.

Information on objecting to an alcohol licence can be found here.

An objection must be in writing and filed with the Manawatu District Licensing Committee within 15 working days after the first publication of the public notice of the making of the application.

There is no fee for making an objection.

No objection may be made in relation to a matter other than a matter specified in section 105.

If you believe you qualify as having a greater interest then please fill out an objection form here.