Can I Subdivide?

Subdivisions (including boundary adjustments) require a resource consent within the Manawatu District. Once you have been able to determine the zoning of your land which you wish to subdivide you will be able to check the District Plan for the conditions around subdivision.

Each zone in the district plan sets out a minimum lot size requirement. If your land is large enough to create allotments at or above the size requirement then you should approach a surveyor or consultant to help you prepare your resource consent application.

The surveyor or consultant will be able to outline for you the entire subdivision process, and its associated costs based on their experiences. Most surveyors and consultants will give you a free consult which will help assist you in determining whether you wish to pursue the process of subdivision.

We have an information sheet Guide to Subdivisions that might also be useful.