Feilding rubbish and recycling
Feilding residents have access to kerbside rubbish and recycling collection through a Council-branded rubbish bag collection every week and fortnightly recycling collection.
Council ‘blue’ rubbish bags are for sale at supermarkets in Feilding and Palmerston North as well as stores located throughout the Manawatu District. They are also available at Council office.
All properties in Feilding have been supplied with a black wheelie bin and plastic crate for collecting recycling. These are collected every two weeks on the same day rubbish is collected at the property.
Please ensure your rubbish and recycling is out kerbside by 7:30am on your collection day.
What can be recycled?
- Any rinsed plastic container with any of the recycling symbols 1-5 (tops removed)
- Newspapers, magazines, junk mail and brochures
- Cardboard: eg cereal, beer and pizza boxes
- Drink cans: eg aluminium and steel. Coca cola, pepsi, red bull etc
- Food tins, rinsed: eg spaghetti, pasta sauce etc.
- (Note: Wheelie bin is to be loosely filled to allow ease of emptying)
- Glass bottles and jars: eg beer and wine bottles, jam jars
- (Note: for health and safety reasons, please do not fill the crate above the edge)
For more information please download the recycling brochure (220KB pdf). It answers a lot of common questions, including listing the items that can be recycled. A calendar showing the collection days is included.
To find your collection day for rubbish and recycling please click here.
Refuse collection in towns and country areas on public holidays will be as per normal working week eg. Refuse collection on Queen’s Birthday will be on Queen’s Birthday.
Note: Christmas, Boxing Day and New Year's rubbish and recycling collections will also be as per normal working week, e.g Monday 26th December collections will be scheduled for Monday the 26th December 2016.