Connected, vibrant and thriving Manawatū District – the best rural lifestyle in New Zealand.
This expression of the desired future state of Manawatu was originally developed by the Council in 2011. It has been updated in 2017 for inclusion in the Long Term Plan along with the Vision Statements for our district communities:
Rural Area Vision Statement:
Providing world-leading food, products and services within a beautiful sustainable rural landscape that offers outsatnding recreational opportunities.
Village Vision Statement:
Attractive and prosperous communities that offer lifestyle choices and business opportunities within a unique environment.
Feilding Urban Vision Statement:
An attractive, progressive and inclusive country town that offers lifestyle choices, and is the agri-business hub of the Region.
These Vision Statements guide Council in its activity and provides a compelling picture of our future.
Community Outcomes we are working towards
- Environment - Manawatū District protects the natural environment through stewardship of the District's natural and physical resources
- Attract and Retain Residents - Manawatū District attracts and retains residents and businesses
- Broad Economic Base - Manawatū District develops a broad economic base from its solid foundation in the primary sector
- Quality Infrastructure - Manawatū District is connected via quality infrastructure, services and technology
- Safe Built Environment - Manawatū District's built environment is safe, resilient and attractive
- Agile Organisation - Manawatū District Council is a customer-focussed and efficient organisation
Organisational Values – how we deliver on our Vision.
Our organisation promotes the six values of:
Promote enjoyment of our workplace – laughter and a sense of humour are healthy.
Act with integrity at all times, communicate openly and honestly with each other and customers.
Challenge the way we do things, be open-minded to change and other ideas.
Exercise appropriate skills, expertise and demeanour.
Support one another so all staff are able to fulfil the requirements of their position and feel a sense of belonging to the organisation.
Be trustworthy; behave in a manner that builds confidence in one another.
The result - Our people delivering great service to our community