The Manawatu District Youth Ambassadors initiative was founded in 2013. They work together with the Mayor on initiatives for youth in the community.
The nominated Youth Ambassadors are aged between 12 to 24 years and were selected to represent their community by the Mayor.
Their mission statement is: "Helping youth to help others and to help themselves"
- Work collaboratively to achieve positive outcomes for youth
- Have fun while being engaged in planning, leading and delivering community projects and events
- Are an advocate for our community, our youth and our region
- Participate in leadership roles
- Participate in voluntary activity
- Acquire the skills to influence decision-making
To get in touch with the Youth Ambassadors you can contact them via email or through their Facebook page:
firstname.lastname@example.org or https://www.facebook.com/ManawatuYouthAmbassadors/