Community Committees and Plans
This is the place to find information about your community committee including contact information and each community plan as they are developed.
If you are interested, have a read of Council's Community Committee Policy (383KB pdf).
The Community Planning Programme supports communities to develop a shared vision for their village. It provides a mechanism for collaboration between communities, council and other agencies to implement improvements.
The programme’s objectives are:
- To set clear strategic direction for villages, reflecting each community’s unique characteristics.
- To provide a pathway for village community’s vision and priorities to be reflected in council’s and other agencies strategies and work plans.
- To grow village community spirit, attract and retain residents.
- To enable village residents to create the communities they want.
- To further develop constructive working relationships between councillors, village residents, businesses and council staff.