Community Development Fund
The purpose of this fund is to assist those community groups and not-for-profit organisations that wish to provide specific programmes, events, or projects at a local level that foster a sense of pride and belonging; are innovative; encourage people to take initiative to add value; and celebrate the heart of our region.
There are three funding rounds per financial year, with applications closing 30 September, 30 March and 30 June.
Check the Criteria and Apply
Community Development Fund Policy (567KB pdf)
Community Development Fund Application (586KB pdf)
Past recipients - 2017/18
- Future Beef Charitable Trust - cost of staging a Country Extravaganza: $2,000
- Keep Feilding Beautiful - Garden Competition: $1,000
- Kiwitea Garden Group - to assist with purchasing items for school gardening group: $1,000
- Accolade Grove Society - mowing of picnic area: $800
- Apiti and Districts Show - assist with staging annual show: $700
- Himtangi Beach Community Trust - for holding a Community Open Day: $500
- Manawatu Oroua Boys & Girls Agricultural Club: $500
- Sanson Community Advancement Trust: $500
- Step N Thyme Senior Leisure Marching: $250
Council is currently developing a Community Development Strategy. Consideration of any new Partnership Fund Applications have been put on hold until the strategy has been adopted by Council. It is intended to have the new strategy effective from 1 January 2020.
The purpose of this fund is to provide financial stability to those community organisations, within the Manawatū District Council’s rating area, who provide “good quality” local public services that meet the current and future needs of the districts communities whose objectives align with Council’s vision, the Regional Development Strategy’s aim and at least one of Council’s strategic outcomes.
For information on other funding options, try the Funding Information Service website, Generosity.