Other Funding Requests
If you are planning to ask Council for funding or some other form of support please consider the following:
Council has a range of community grant funding options available. These are:
Information about each of these funds, including amounts available and application closing dates can be found by using the above links.
What if your request does not qualify for any of the funds?
If your request does not qualify for any of the above funds, you may apply to Council as part of its annual budgeting process. We start working on our budgets almost a year before they come into effect so you will need to have your request to us by 1 September 2019 for consideration for the 1 July 2020- 30 June 2021 year.
(If you are planning a large-scale project, you should consider asking for your initiative to be included in Council’s Long Term Plan. The next Long Term Plan will be adopted in June 2021 but the planning for it has already begun. The earlier you discuss your idea with us, the better.)
Information you should include in your request:
- Name of organisation making the request. Include a description of the purpose and activity of your group.
- Contact person and contact details
- Description of the project or initiative you are seeking funding for. Please give a brief explanation, including timeframes you are working to.
- What is the total cost of the project?
- How much are you asking Council for?
- How much is your organisation contributing to the project?
- Have you sought funding from any other sources? If so, please list the source and the amount.
- Is this a one-off request or would the project require ongoing funding?
- Who will benefit from your project? (An individual, a group, a community or community organisation, the whole district?) Please explain.
- How does the project align with MDC’s Vision and/or Community Outcomes?
- Vision: Connected, vibrant and thriving Manawatū District – the best lifestyle in New Zealand
- Community Outcomes:
- Manawatū District protects the natural environment through stewardship of the District’s natural and physical resources
- Manawatū District attracts and retains residents and businesses
- Manawatū District develops a broad economic base from its solid foundation in the primary sector
- Manawatū District is connected via quality infrastructure , services and technology Manawatū District
- Manawatū District’s built environment is safe, resilient and attractive
- Manawatū District Council is a customer focussed and efficient organisation
- Any other information you think would be of interest to Council.
- Would you like to present your request to Council in person? If so, we will be in touch to organise a time.
Requests for funding must be made to Council in writing. This may be in hard copy or sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Remember that any funding granted to your organisation by Council would not be available until the beginning of the 2020/21 financial year (1 July 2020).