Te Kaunihera Working Group
Te Kaunihera Working Group is made up of representatives of Ngā Manu Tāiko Manawatū District Council.
The purpose of the Te Kaunihera Working Group is to progress the framework and develop an action plan for the following outcomes:
- Feilding Library
- Build and maintain relationship and profile of Tangata Whenua and Māori history, values and information.
- Information Centre
- Ensure iwi / hapū / and Māori Institutions / networks are recognised in contact lists and profiled where appropriate, at the Library and Information Centre.
- Visual images that will draw visitors inside.
- Town marketing of events
- Identify the current gaps i.e. Major Māori events not marketed, or opportunities for Iwi and wider Māori community participation in existing events.
- Developing shared understandings between Manawatū District Council and Iwi
- Identify events and/or specific awareness training opportunities for the community and relevant organisations – including Manawatū District Council staff.
- Manawatū District Council corporate training, including understanding concepts such as rangatiratanga, manaakitanga, kaitiakitanga, wairua and ūkaipōtanga in relation to local government responsibilities.