Traffic Safety Bylaw
The purpose is to:
Regulate parking and control of vehicle traffic on any road managed or controlled by the Council;
Provide for the orderly droving and control of stock on roads in the District, with regard to the safety of road users and to minimise damage to, and avoid nuisance, on the roads
What are the perceived problems in our district?
- Environmental nuisance with effluent on road at stock crossings.
- Traffic safety concerns and lack of clarity with stock droving and consent requirements.
- Heavy vehicle parking in urban streets, and general parking in the town centre outside businesses and shops. This imposes traffic safety problems and potential damage to road infrastructure. Ineffective enforcement of parking restrictions. Lack of enforcement of parking restrictions has led to car park capacity problems within Feilding town centre.
The proposed Bylaw provisions are to…
- Manage and control stock crossings and stock droving.
- Regulate parking within the district
For the full wording of the proposed Traffic Safety Bylaw 2015 click here (495KB pdf).
Feedback closed on 30 October 2015