Rubbish & Recycling - Alert Level 2
A huge thank you to everyone for persevering with the Solid Waste service over the Covid-19 lockdown period. When we move into Alert Level 2 Council contractors will continue to collect blue bags and recycling from the kerbside, just as they did under Alert Levels 4 and 3. The Feilding Transfer Station is currently open, as it was under alert level 3 and from Monday 18 May the Southern Transfer Station in Rongotea will be open. From Monday both will resume normal operating hours and services.
From Monday 18 May we will once again be able to sort and process all recycling. If you have been stockpiling recycling at home, thank you for such a great effort. We would encourage you to either add a bit of this stockpile to your kerbside recycling bin over the coming weeks, or if you are able to, you can drop it off at your closest Transfer Station or Rural Recycling Centre from Monday 18 May.
Key points for Alert Level 2:
- All existing kerbside rubbish bag collection will continue on the current scheduled day, as it has throughout the lockdown.
- All existing kerbside collection of recycling will continue on the current scheduled day, as it has throughout the lockdown.
- The Feilding Transfer Station is open as it has been under alert level 3.
- The Southern Transfer Station will reopen on Monday 18 May.
- All rural recycling centres will open from Monday 18 May (if not opened sooner).
- All comingled recycling (the stuff in the wheelie bin) has been sent to landfill under alert levels 4 and 3. From Monday 18 May all comingled recycling will be sorted, processed and recycled as normal.
- Glass (the stuff in the crate) is still being recycled, as it has throughout the lockdown.
Thank you for your support, understanding and perseverance during this challenging time.