Check us out on Neighbourly
Follow us on Instagram
Like us on Facebook
Send us an email

Overweight and Overdimension Permits

Overweight Permits

If your vehicle exceeds the limits due to the indivisible load you are carrying, or the vehicles design, you need to apply for an overweight permit before you travel.

To find out more about overweight permits, visit the New Zealand Transport Agency (NZTA).

Read the full Vehicle dimensions and mass permitting manual (VDAM) – Volume 1

Application Process

Download the application form from NZTA

Complete the application form and send to

The expected processing time for permits is 3-5 days depending on permit type.

It is the permit holders responsibility to ensure that a written request (via email) is sent for the renewal of any continuous permits prior to the permit expiry date.

We also require a copy of the corresponding NZTA permit, to enable us to approve your application in a timely manner.

See our list of restricted bridges.

Over-Dimension Permits

If you are wanting to apply for an over-dimension permit please visit NZTA where you will be able to either download an application form or submit an application online.