Community Committees & Plans
This is the place to find information about your community committee including contact information and each community plan as they are developed.
If you are interested, have a read of Council's Community Committee Policy (PDF file, 383.3 KB).
The Community Planning Programme supports communities to develop a shared vision for their village. It provides a mechanism for collaboration between communities, council and other agencies to implement improvements.
The programme’s objectives are:
- To set clear strategic direction for villages, reflecting each community’s unique characteristics.
- To provide a pathway for village community’s vision and priorities to be reflected in council’s and other agencies strategies and work plans.
- To grow village community spirit, attract and retain residents.
- To enable village residents to create the communities they want.
- To further develop constructive working relationships between councillors, village residents, businesses and council staff.
If your community committee needs to submit a funding request to council's Annual Plan for initiatives in your Community Plan, you can do so at this link.