District Development Committee
Chairperson: Deputy Mayor Michael Ford
Deputy Chairperson: TBC
Committee: Her Worship the Mayor Helen Worboys, Councillors Bridget Bell, Steve Bielski, Lara Blackmore, Colin McFadzean, Andrew Quarrie, Kerry Quigley, Alison Short and Fiona Underwood.
To oversee and monitor the implementation of the actions contained in the Community Development Strategy.
- To determine and agree what Community Wellbeing means for the Manawatu District.
- To receive and approve reports that detail the District’s progress to improving economic growth and community development.
- Manawatu District Community Honours Awards:
- Community Development:
- Receive and approve updates and contribute to the development and implementation of Locality Networks and Welcoming Committees
- Receive and approve Community Development Contracts of Service Accountability Reports
- Receive and approve Community Development Contract and Funding Decision Reports
- Receive and approve Community Development Strategy and other related strategies implementation Progress Reports
- Receive and approve Community Groups Updates and Briefings
- Review and approve Community Development Related Policies
- Monitor and make recommendations on Community Development related strategy development and implementation
- Monitor Community Development related advocacy Initiatives and other related activities
- Economic Development
- Receive and approve updates on Economic Development related strategy and development and implementation
- Receive and approve updates on the Housing Strategy
- Receive and approve updates and contribute to CEDA’s work programme, as and when required
- Monitor CEDA and Feilding District Promotion’s progress
- District Place Making
- Receive and approve updates and contribute to the development of district place making
- Receive and approve updates and contribute to the development, maintenance and implementation of Parks and Open Spaces. And other related work programmes
The calling of nominations and selection of suitable candidates to receive awards under the Council’s community honours scheme.
Manawatu District Community Honours Awards - decide on recipients of Community Honours Awards under the Community Honours Scheme.
Five members of the committee.
Meetings held quarterly on the fourth Thursday of each second month at 8.30 am