What can I do if my neighbour’s stormwater comes through my property?

The Council will investigate stormwater issues when they arise from work that has or should have had a building consent, or results from overflow from the street. Otherwise, stormwater is a private matter. In general, natural stormwater flows must be accepted by property owners. Additional artificial flows such as those generated by re-contouring land or development (such as paving or landscaping) should be contained within the property which generates them. You may need to seek legal advice.