Fireplaces / Solar Water / Vehicle Crossings


If you’re planning to install, move or replace a solid fuel heater, wood burner or freestanding or inbuilt fireplace you’ll need to apply for building consent through our online system. If your property is less than two hectares in lot size, you’ll need to choose a wood burner from a list approved by the Ministry for the Environment.

Apply online

For further information refer to the MBIE website.

Solar Water Heating

If you’re planning to install solar water heating you will need building consent.

For further information refer to the MBIE website.

Vehicle Crossings

See information about Vehicle Crossings.