Connected, vibrant and thriving Manawatū District - the best lifestyle in New Zealand
This expression of the desired future state of Manawatu was originally developed by the Council in 2011. It has been updated in 2017 for inclusion in the Long Term Plan 2018-28 along with the Vision Statements for our district communities:
Rural Area Vision Statement
Providing world-leading food, products and services within a beautiful sustainable rural landscape that offers outstanding recreational opportunities.
Village Vision Statement
Attractive and prosperous communities that offer lifestyle choices and business opportunities within a unique environment.
Feilding Urban Vision Statement
An attractive, progressive and inclusive country town that offers lifestyle choices, and is the agri-business hub of the Region.
These Vision Statements guide Council in its activity and provides a compelling picture of our future.
Community Outcomes we are working towards
- Environment - Manawatū District protects the natural environment through stewardship of the District's natural and physical resources
- Attract and Retain Residents - Manawatū District attracts and retains residents and businesses
- Broad Economic Base - Manawatū District develops a broad economic base from its solid foundation in the primary sector
- Quality Infrastructure - Manawatū District is connected via quality infrastructure, services and technology
- Safe Built Environment - Manawatū District's built environment is safe, resilient and attractive
- Focussed and Efficient - Manawatū District Council is a customer-focussed and efficient organisation
Organisational Values - how we deliver on our Vision
- Expectations - we set clear expectations
- Communicate - we communicate if we do or do not deliver
- Deliver - we deliver against those expectations