The Event Fund supports events or festivals that are primary of benefit to Manawatū District residents and directly contribute to the Community Development Strategy’s vision of “Our District offers a high quality of life for all residents”.
The Event Fund will support events or festivals that align well with at least one of the following Community Development Strategy goals:
- We are a welcoming community
- Everyone has a sense of belonging and are proud of where they live
- We value who we are and where we have come from
- We have creative, cultural and recreational participation in our communities
- We work together to make our whānau and communities better
- Tāngata whenua are visible
- Community success is enabled by quality infrastructure, services and technology
- Our people and communities feel safe
- We are guardians (kaitiakitanga) of the natural environment
- Our people have learning opportunities that enhance their life choices
- We encourage and enable people to shape their future
- Our people share their skills and experience with others
There are three funding rounds per annum for the Event Fund closing 30 June, 30 September and 30 March.