The Event Fund supports events or festivals that are primary of benefit to Manawatū District residents and directly contribute to the Community Development Strategy’s vision of “Our District offers a high quality of life for all residents”.
The Event Fund will support events or festivals that align well with at least one of the following Community Development Strategy goals:
- We are a welcoming community
- Everyone has a sense of belonging and are proud of where they live
- We value who we are and where we have come from
- We have creative, cultural and recreational participation in our communities
- We work together to make our whānau and communities better
- Tāngata whenua are visible
- Community success is enabled by quality infrastructure, services and technology
- Our people and communities feel safe
- We are guardians (kaitiakitanga) of the natural environment
- Our people have learning opportunities that enhance their life choices
- We encourage and enable people to shape their future
- Our people share their skills and experience with others
Please note: Applications for the Event Fund have now closed for the reminder of the financial year, as all our funding has been exhausted. Applications will reopen in June 2024.
There are three funding rounds per annum for the Event Fund closing 30 June, 30 September and 30 March.