Please note: the 2022 funding round is now closed.
This category exists to support practical waste minimisation projects, initiatives or programmes that encourage community participation and education and/or are of benefit to the community of the Manawatū District.
Applications in the Community category will be assessed against the following key criteria:
- Will lead to long term waste minimisation actions and behaviour change by participants;
- Must be able to demonstrate how success will be measured (quantifiable) in terms of waste reduction and skills learnt;
- The breadth and scale of community involvement in the project;
- The ability of the applicant to deliver the project;
- The likelihood of the project becoming self-sustaining.
- A comprehensive budget that:
- Gives details of the estimated costs and funding sources;
- Includes all costs, not just the costs the applicant is seeking a waste levy grant for;
- Is accurate in all budget calculations and projections.