Annual Plan Funding Requests
Council has a range of community grant funding options available. These are:
If your request does not qualify for any of the above funds you should consider asking for your initiative to be included in Council’s Annual Plan for 2023/24.
Annual Plan funding requests open 1 August 2022 and close 30 September 2022.
Council will consider all requests as it reviews its budget for 2023/24. This review occurs September - December 2022.
- Name of organisation making the request.
- Contact person and contact details - email, phone, address.
- Has the organisation applied for funding from Council before? If so, please give description and year.
- Description of the project or initiative you are seeking funding for. Please give a brief and clear explanation, including timeframes you are working to.
- What is the total cost of the project?
- What is the amount your are requesting from Council?
- Is this a one-off request or would the project require ongoing funding? Please state amount and frequency.
- How much is your organisation contributing to the project?
- Have you sought funding from any other sources? If so, please list the source and the amount.
- Have you done any fundraising for the project? If so, please list method and amount raised.
- Who will benefit from your project? (An individual, a group, a community or community organisation, the whole district?) Please explain.
- How does the project align with MDC's vision and priorities?
- Quote(s) to support your request.
- Any other information to support your request (e.g. screenshots, design plans, diagrams).
All organisations who have made a request will have the opportunity to present their request to Council in person. Due to Local Government elections in October 2022 these hearings will be scheduled for early November. We will be in touch when the date has been set.
If you have any questions regarding this process please email to email@example.com.
Remember that any funding granted to your organisation by Council will not be available until the beginning of the 2023/24 financial year (1 July 2023).
Requests for funding can be made to Council on the form below.