Alcohol Licensing

Around 140 Licences of various types are issued per year. Inspections of premises will be carried out by Council Licensing Inspectors on an annual basis to ensure that they comply with their licence conditions.

If you are a bar owner or operator, a club manager, a restaurateur or the manager of a venue where alcohol will be sold or supplied, you need to be familiar with the laws and regulations that apply to alcohol.

Under the Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012, anyone who wants to sell or supply alcohol must ensure that:

  • You have the correct licences.
  • Your duty managers have current certificates.
  • You have a host responsibility policy in place to care for your patrons and staff.