Feilding Rubbish & Recycling
Feilding residents have access to kerbside rubbish and recycling collection through a Council-branded rubbish bag collection every week and fortnightly recycling collection.
Council ‘blue’ rubbish bags are for sale at supermarkets in Feilding and Palmerston North as well as stores located throughout the Manawatu District. They are also available at our Council offices.
All properties in Feilding have been supplied with a black wheelie bin and plastic crate for collecting recycling. These are collected every two weeks on the same day rubbish is collected at the property.
Please ensure your rubbish and recycling is out kerbside by 7:30am on your collection day.
What Can Be Recycled?
- Any rinsed plastic container with any of the recycling symbols 1-5 (tops removed)
- Newspapers, magazines, junk mail and brochures - NOTE: shredded paper cannot be recycled
- Cardboard: eg cereal, beer and pizza boxes
- Drink cans: eg aluminium and steel. Coca cola, pepsi, red bull etc
- Food tins, rinsed: eg spaghetti, pasta sauce etc.
- Glass bottles and jars: eg beer and wine bottles, jam jars
On your collection day please be mindful of the following things:
- That you have allowed a half-metre gap between your wheelie bin and any other object. The arm of the collection truck needs this room to safely open and pick up the bin.
- That there are no food contaminants in your recycling and your plastic and glass recycling is clean.
- That your black crate is not overfull. This is for health and safety reasons.
- That your recycling is kerbside by 7:30am on your collection day.
Refuse collection in towns and country areas on public holidays will be as per normal working week eg. refuse collection on Queen’s Birthday will be on Queen’s Birthday except on Good Friday, Christmas Day and New Years Day.